Monday, July 21, 2008

Soldotna to Wasilla

Last night, on the recommendation of one of the FULL RV parks in Soldotna, We stayed at the Fred Myers. Advantages are FREE, disadvantages are no showers, no internet, no electric (except generator). But we got by. The problem with rolling into Soldotna late is that the fishing town fills up. Every hotel was full, every RV park was full....Fred Myers was pretty full but still places.

Today we took out time getting through Anchorage. My birthday is coming up soon so the girls wanted to shop for me. I am protesting but to no avail.

We went to the zoo to see moose since there are apparently no moose in Alaska. On the way from Soldotna we drove through several moose areas and moose watch areas, but they lie. :( I got pictures of the domestic moose.

We just got to Wasilla before I was worn out. We stayed in an RV park that is 6 miles north of Wasilla.

Tomorrow we head toward Denali but I still don't know how much we will do there. I guess it depends on the weather and whether we hear some good reports about the bus trips.

No comments: