Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Meet Maggie


My father is worried about my directional and navigational skills. His first clue that I might not know what I was doing was when I decided that the shortest route to Fairbanks, Alaska from Malibu, California involved a trip through Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Montana, and three Canadian provinces. When viewed from a satellite, the route traces a soft backwards approximation of a "C". Then, when I was making my detour to Sun Valley to visit my parents, I passed a sign that read "Twin Falls", Sun Valley" with an arrow pointing south. YIKES! Somehow I had passed the turnoff and had gone who-knows-how-many-miles in the wrong direction. So I pulled off the road and called my father.

BIG mistake! Grandpa the MIT Wiz, was alarmed that I was taking Beloved Granddaughter 1 and Beloved Granddaughter 2 into a black hole where no light, let alone Beloved Granddaughters 1 and 2 would ever emerge again. Clearly I could not be trusted with something as important as navigating all the way to Alaska and, here is the critical part, BACK to Malibu SAFELY. In my mind's eye I could see him shaking his head as he gave me directions. Grandpa was utterly baffled at how ANYONE could get lost when driving on the Interstate!

Grandpa solved the problem. He presented Beeray with a navigational device and instructions that she was now to be the navigator. The navigational device is a Magellan Roadmate and has been dubbed, Maggie. Tomorrow will be Maggie's first test. Beeray and Maggie will help us find out way to Interstate 15 which will take us to Canada.

1 comment:

Si Pungguk said...

yeahhh that penang road area.i think that area not so change very much.what i know goverment want that enviroment still like 20 or 30years before.. ;)

you like go to travel ha?