Friday, July 4, 2008

Oh Canada


We are in Canada, Lethbridge to be exact. We stayed at a small room, shabby but clean motel called the Pepper Tree Inn. I chose it because they have wifi in all the rooms and the other hotels seem to only have either wired access or wifi in public areas. Apparently it is going to be harder to get on line now that I am in Alberta, Canada.

Crossing the boarder was pretty easy. There was a queue of aboot 30 cars. It took us 30 minutes to get through. At the crossing I presented the lady with our passports, the notarized letter from DH stating that he knows about us going out of the USA and a copy of proof of car insurance that is Canadian approved. The customs lady asked me if I had firearms or any weapons or pepper spray(no) or if I had any items for sale (no). Then she waved us through.

We didn't get a chance to buy sim cards for my unlocked phone and the one that is about to be unlocked. More later on how to do this if I manage. I need to buy a sim card for a gsm phone. Like the USA, Canada has two types of phones. TMsomething and Rogers are both gsm networks which is the kind of phones that I have. I need a Canadia sim card for that type of phone.

Tha Calgary Stampede starts today. For those of you who, like me, don't know what a stampede is, it is Canadian for rodeo. We will be driving through Calgary so we may stop for some portion of the stampede.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having fun so far. We are tracking you as we plan to do the Alaska thing next year. Your travels will inspire us. Thanks, Lynn and Merlene