Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sun Valley


The light here lasts until 10 pm. Predictably, my girls were up way too late. This morning it was a struggle to get them up. By 8:30am we were able to get them out of the house. We went for a hike up Fox Creek Trail where all the wildflowers are in bloom. I can tell that I am at altitude. On the switchbacks I couldn't catch my breath. It didn't effect my girls or my father who are both in much better shape that I. LuLu and Doodles, their standard poodles went with us.

My older daughter, Beeray is thinking to start cross country in the fall semester at her school so she shot ahead. She took a wrong turn (Grandpa wasn't all that good at his directions) and ran about a mile before figuring out that she was in the wrong place. If she hadn't told us we wouldn't have known because she was back at the trail by the time the three of us got to the fork.

Nana is off on an easy hike with her friends.

Then back to the house to change and then the girls went off with grandpa to the swimming pool, then lunch, and now they are ice skating. Tennis camp tomorrow.....Busy girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, nice picture! I'm glad you decided to blog about your trip!